Looking a little lonely in here... - Forum
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » General Discussions » Yaoi Corner » Looking a little lonely in here...
Looking a little lonely in here...
ast0neDate: Sunday, 2010-07-18, 5:35 AM | Message # 1
Pet
Group: Users
Not usually one to start new threads but it's so bare in here! Had to post something. I'm a huge fan of yaoi and buy what i can, money permitting. I was just wondering what are some peoples favorites. Favourite mangaka, story, you name it. I'm looking to broaden my horizons and get my filthy filthy hands on some good yaoi. Yesno? discuss!
cheers
cool

"Morals are relative. Logics for the weak."

CatrionaDate: Monday, 2010-08-02, 6:46 PM | Message # 2
Resident Tentacle monster
Group: Administrators
Oh indeed... It's strange really, considering a large part of the staff is more or less raving yaoi fans...

My favourite yaoi mangaka is probably Yamane Ayano... I love her art (and I've got a weakness for long-haired bishies such as Feilon from Viewfinder and Havi from Crimson spell). I'm obsessed with Viewfinder. Storywise, though I could probably find other yaoi manga with a bit deeper storylines. But I need to satisfy my desire for good art too... and smut... lots of smut biggrin

I do also enjoy Chi-ran (some of her(?) storylines are so wonderfully dark and twisted... like Install, yum!), some of Masara Minase's works and of course Tohjoh Asami (why oh why did she have to die?). As you might notice from this list I fall for those with clean art and bishies. If they know how to draw good eyes on their characters it's a sure-fire way to get me hooked.

My dream would be if Yoshihara Yuki created a yaoi manga. That'd be somewhere along the lines of the eight wonder of the world in my book.

Which are your favourites?

----"It's never too late for stalking"----

---"Straight? So is spaghetti until you heat it up"---

ast0neDate: Tuesday, 2010-08-10, 6:19 AM | Message # 3
Pet
Oh my... I have so many. I like the Yamane Ayano but i'm hook on manga by Suzuki Tsuta and Yoneda Kou, specially the manga Doushitemo Furetakunai.
I love a whole bunch of others I can't remember the name of (cause i'm smart like that). I love body movement, strong moving muscles, clean art and good hands...got to have nice hands...yus...yum... If you have any great titles I can look up/buy and read that would be awesome. I have an extensive yaoi collection both on and off the computer but i'm always up for suggestions.
Thanks for replying! ^__^
cheers mate
Hunter

CatrionaDate: Monday, 2010-08-23, 6:19 AM | Message # 4
Oh, dear... I've got so many various manga on my read-list... I like to save the ones I took a shine to which has led to me not only having about 5-6 GB completed yaoi manga (and a few more MB of BL novels) on my external hard drive and around 60 or so CDs with yaoi burned onto them.

I've got close to 800-900 entries on my completed list at MU. A major portion of those are yaoi or shounen-ai. I'm working on moving all those to a special list so it's easier to share the proper list. After all I do have a fair share of shoujo and josei on my completed list too.

For smut I do like to recommend works by Yuzuha Ougi (I loved Arashi no Ato and Brother is good too, and Abiru Junjou and Darling... yum). And even though the art isn't the typical art I go for I actually like the works by Naono Bohra too. The Akuma to Issho-series is good I think. And many others of her works as well.

ast0neDate: Wednesday, 2010-09-01, 5:52 AM | Message # 5
Pet
I love Naono Bohra. they're tasty *nods wisely*
I hear you on the burned cd's and your computer being laden with yaoi goodness. My poor computer. I hope no one ever goes looking around on my comp lol they're in for a treat. most of my memory is taken up by yaoi movies, manga and the like.
I'm also quite part and partial to bara manga. I suppose I like both strains because I myself am a gay male. Plus I just love happy endings happy yaoi helps keep me happy in that regard lol. happy

CatrionaDate: Friday, 2010-09-03, 12:16 PM | Message # 6
The thing with Naono Bohra is that she somehow manages to create rather interesting characters I think. The storylines aren't always all that, and for me who's a sucker for clean art the art in her stuff isn't my norm. But I still find myself fascinated and drawn to her manga.

As for bara... There are a few series I've taken a shine to but I have to admit that I'm not that much of a fan of bara. I've got this problem where I feel that too much muscle is scary biggrin

Even in real life I prefer to go for the sleek ones who are toned with defined muscles without being bulky.

ast0neDate: Wednesday, 2010-09-08, 3:12 AM | Message # 7
Pet
lol yes sometimes bara gets out of control but there are a few i artist i like though their names currently escape me...one starts with an 'M' . my memory is failing in my old age lol...25 already..jesus... I remember i was 16 when my first obsession started with gundam wing! i have so many slash stories with those boys. just haven't the heart to get rid of them *blush* god that brings me back. I was so opposed to falling in love with anime or cartoon characters i actually made fun of my friends for it. turns out i was the worst of them all. I was hooked by two episodes. sad yesno?
I've been trying to branch out from yaoi and start reading different kinds of stories but i just haven't been able to find any I like. do you have an suggestions?

CatrionaDate: Friday, 2010-09-10, 4:37 AM | Message # 8
You mean other than yaoi or shounen-ai stories? Are there any? o_O :P

Naw, seriously. I have got a few non-BL that I like and could recommend. Sanctuary is probably at the top of the list (art by Ikegami Ryoichi and story by Buronson).

Although, I think Swannie might know of quite a few more than I do. She's kinda into seinen and such while I'm more of a one-track-mind (when I'm not frying my brain by reading pointless shoujo). My suggestion is to send a shout-out in the general manga thread here on the forum (I'll try and poke Swannie in that direction) and there are a lot of helpful people over at MU too.

ast0neDate: Thursday, 2010-09-16, 5:01 AM | Message # 9
Pet
Awesome. I'm sure i'll get around to that at some point. lifes been pretty busy lately with work finally coming in. yay money! >.>
Thank you for the chat ^^ It's good to know i'm not the only yaoi crazed person here lol. hopefully more lost souls will come and chat here. Always fun to learn about mangaka i haven't heard of and yaoi I haven't read.... as few and far between as that might be! biggrin take care of yourself
Cheers mate dry

CatrionaDate: Sunday, 2010-10-03, 2:57 AM | Message # 10
Oh, you're in good company here. I think at least half of our scanlation group are bona fide fujoshi... Which makes it strange we've yet to get around to doing some smutty yaoi scanlations... *note to self: Poke Swan about it*

Anyway, congrats on the job! And do stick around. We love talking to the people who share our interests!

hotcakesDate: Monday, 2010-10-04, 0:02 AM | Message # 11
Seductive Perversion
*peeps in*

Oh yeah, the group's about 85% yaoi fans. biggrin

Better known as NightSwan.
To contact me: NightSwan :3
MSN: angelgabriel0@hotmail.com
Gmail: luna.solaris99@gmail.com

heeheeDate: Monday, 2010-10-18, 11:45 PM | Message # 12
Pet
I'm just going to add my voice here as being a yaoi fan too. I love Nakamura Asumiko's works, so I'm really happy about Copernicus, but I must admit that our little bird nest is beginning to creep me out a bit... We'll see how the story develops, I'm really looking forward to it!

hotcakesDate: Tuesday, 2010-10-19, 0:33 AM | Message # 13
Seductive Perversion
Oh yeah, Bird's one heck of a strange bird.

Better known as NightSwan.
To contact me: NightSwan :3
MSN: angelgabriel0@hotmail.com
Gmail: luna.solaris99@gmail.com

the_toll_of_deathDate: Saturday, 2011-10-08, 10:20 AM | Message # 14
Pet
I LOVE Nakamura Asamika sensei's work~ I have yet to finish Copenicus but Double Mints was just... wow. Graphic, dark, gritty... and also very realistic. I loved her work before I found out about her BL work and once I read it... I was deeply impressed. Her stories are unique and not formulaic in the least. I'm tired of drawn out yaoi manga mangkas who draw the same rehashed schoolboy smut without thought to depth or to 'I would get my skull beat in for you' (or 'I'm too afraid to be seen with you in public because of your gender) love.
Her amazing art is the frosting on top of the already decadent cake. It is definitely not the norm. smile

I love good shoji/josei too... but it's harder to sift through all of the gunk that doesn't pass my standards test.

Forum » General Discussions » Yaoi Corner » Looking a little lonely in here...
Page 1 of 11
Search: