Fast food for the brain - Forum
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » General Discussions » Manga » Fast food for the brain (shoujo...)
Fast food for the brain
CatrionaDate: Monday, 2010-08-02, 6:58 PM | Message # 1
Resident Tentacle monster
Group: Administrators
I just got to thinking. When I was younger I used to read loads of smutty Harlequin romance novels, simply because they were they perfect ways to spend a lazy afternoon in bed with. One doesn't have to think much, one knows what will happen. Girl meets boy, girl and boy argues, ends up in bed, girl possibly gets pregnant or guy has to move away or has got some issues, they separate, fool around and in the end lives more or less happily ever after.

After I discovered manga, which wasn't too long ago (in 2006 I believe), I found a better way to provide my brain with the necessary, mindless fast food called unmotivated smut and drama in light version. In other words, I found shoujo... biggrin So nowadays, whenever I feel like I need to either torture myself (at which point I often read those shoujo full of annoying angst and vapid girl meets arrogant boy) or simply read something that won't leave any deep impression on me but will still help me pass the time (like most of the shoujo I've read so far), I turn to shoujo.

Of course, there's good shoujo too... I most often like the gender benders (HanaKimi was good mostly because of the art though, same with Akuma de Sourou) and shoujo with strong and independent female leads. But that's not why I'm here.

I wanna know what type of story you turn to when you feel the need to fill your head with useless waste products. Y'know, like when you're hit by that sudden urge to go out to the hamburger joint around the corner and buy a double cheeseburger with extra cheese and sauce and just stuff it all in your mouth. You know it's bad for you, but you just can't help it...

----"It's never too late for stalking"----

---"Straight? So is spaghetti until you heat it up"---

Forum » General Discussions » Manga » Fast food for the brain (shoujo...)
Page 1 of 11
Search: