Yaoi Suggestion Thread. - Forum
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » Projects » Suggestions For Projects » Yaoi Suggestion Thread. (Yummy yaoi here. Nya :3)
Yaoi Suggestion Thread.
hotcakesDate: Friday, 2009-03-27, 2:25 PM | Message # 1
Seductive Perversion
Group: Administrators
Read the rules of this section before posting!

Here you can suggest yaoi/shounen-ai titles.
Please do not post any smut yaoi, or anything of the kind. Those suggestions are unlikely to be picked up.
But you are welcome to try <_<

Please don't discuss anything here. Only suggest.

How to suggest a title:

-Title of the manga:
-Author's name:
-Alternative titles:
-Genre:
-Number of volumes:
-Description:
-Sample pics: (if you have any)

If MangaUpdates has it in the database, I'd prefer a link there as well.

If you are interested to help scanlating this title in any way, please note so.
Thanks.

Better known as NightSwan.
To contact me: NightSwan :3
MSN: angelgabriel0@hotmail.com
Gmail: luna.solaris99@gmail.com

CatrionaDate: Saturday, 2009-04-18, 1:02 AM | Message # 2
Resident Tentacle monster
well, you know, when a group is getting disbanded it is always heart breaking. sad but what is more heart breaking is seeing how some good stories are abandoned due to inactivity of a group. cry stories like "Umi ni Nemuru Hana" which is one of the good Yaoi series out there and yet it is unfinished. *sobs* if it is possible, I'd like to suggest this title as a future project to our group. two volumes of it has been done by Essence of Purity before (and also chapters a & b from the volume 3) but I have the RAWs for volumes 3, 4 and 5.

-Title of the manga: Umi ni Nemuru Hana
-Alternative titles: Sleeping Flower
-Genre: Historical, Yaoi
-Number of volumes: 5 Volumes (Complete)
-Description: The young pirate head Sakaki met the autistic but beautiful samurai Murou...
Why did Murou have the other half of the treasure island map left by Sakaki's grandfather? Why did Murou keep to himself? Could Sakaki open Murou's closed heart? And how should he handle his best friend who loved him, Juurou? (From yaoi.hiho.jp)
-Sample pics:

sleeping flower in MU

I really like this manga. And I'd be glad to work on it. Though since we've got our hands full with future projcts we'll have to wait and see.
I'm all for it though

Swan~ :3

yeah, seems interesting. We'll see in the future when we've managed to check off some of the ones already on our future list. Let's put it on our future future-list :D. damn, This has got to be a record. I mentioned the word "future" four times in total 8not counting this sentence) in such a short post.

EDIT: Then again, if you've already got the raws and can scan them well (and it's not licensed) we could ask Kololo or the new translator if they're up for the challenge.

----"It's never too late for stalking"----

---"Straight? So is spaghetti until you heat it up"---

CatrionaDate: Monday, 2009-04-20, 8:19 PM | Message # 3
I am so glad this story could catch your attention! hope we can work on it soon! happy

and about Raws, those are not mine unfortunately. I found those in Arrianfantasy forums and yesterday I sent a PM to the original poster asking for her permission regarding using her name in the credit page of the project and such. although it is kind of soon to expect receiving any reply from her but I think she will let us use these scans. ;)

Are they in good quality then?

Lord_lucifielDate: Thursday, 2009-04-30, 8:36 AM | Message # 4
Jack of all trades
Group: Users
yes, I found the quality of those scans satisfying. only a few pages at the end of the 5th volume were looking kind of confusing, like the original place of those had been changed but still the quality was good enough.

Hmm... I can't see the pictures. Photobucket keeps bitching about something wrong.

Just a question: does this manga require a lot of SFX editing? If so, we want might to find better quality raws. On the other hand, if you're intending to use side notes instead of editing the SFX, then who cares, yeah? :P

#$@#$@#$ Forum... it timed me out and lost my message.
Ahem, here's what I was going to say:

If in the future Tojitsuki Hajime ever does any manga that's hardcore/rather sci-fi/supernatural, it'd be good to do it. Just to clarify, I don't really care for her more ordinary stuff though, unless it's really special and has better writing than in Hatsukoi no Yamai which was interesting but kinda problematic as well.

And pardon the negativity but she's got real fucking talent, so it pisses me off when or if she does something that's the same plot structure and writing like everything else out there. Oh and I'm very bitchy today.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=2621

Message edited by Yuri21 - Thursday, 2009-04-30, 10:20 AM

brutelordDate: Friday, 2009-05-01, 2:49 AM | Message # 5
Pet
The manga I would suggest is the classic Kaze To Ki No Uta.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=875

CatrionaDate: Friday, 2009-05-01, 3:16 AM | Message # 6
Hmm, yeah. Looks interesting. But it's pretty long so if anything we'd have to place it very far into the future.

Nice to see you here Brute. Go over to the Intro-section and let us pet you some there.

Lord_lucifielDate: Saturday, 2009-05-02, 10:35 AM | Message # 7
Jack of all trades
Ahh yeah Kaze to ki no uta. But soemone else is already doing it and unless it's a terrible job, why bother redoing it?

KaoruSaionjiDate: Friday, 2009-08-28, 9:25 PM | Message # 8
Pet
Heian Joururi Monogatari by famous Keiko Takemiya from 1998/1999.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=47009
I have chinese translation and it is great! (But I can not read chinese. :o))
I can give it to you if you want it and you can look personaly.

Houmonsha (The Visitor) by Moto Hagio.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=12199
I have raw! I can send it you.
And it is relative short and very nice manga.

Please don't double post, use the edit button. :3
Sounds interesting. Please PM me (hotcakes) with the raws ^^

Message edited by hotcakes - Sunday, 2009-08-30, 2:32 AM

Firefly084Date: Tuesday, 2011-08-09, 0:09 AM | Message # 9
Pet
Title of the manga: Jの総て

Author's name: Nakamura Asumiko

Alternative titles: J no Subete, All About J

Genre: Drama, Gender bender, Psychological, Yaoi (kinda)

Number of volumes: 3

Description: The three volumes follow three distinct life stages of a trans-woman/drag queen named J; childhood/adolescence, very young adult, and young adult. You obviously know the author enough to know it is far from pleasant.
J no Subete was her third series (following Coponicus no Kokyuu, which I am eternally in love with you for doing) and still has that harsh but beautiful edge that is really prominent in her early work. Like Coponicus, it has a wide range of relationships, characters, and interactions: the "main" relationship is between a trans-woman and a man, so the "yaoi" or "non-yaoi" -ness are somewhat theoretical...but I figured this was still probably the best place to bring it up. It is absolutely beautiful, heart-wrenching, tragic, and did I mention beautiful? It is not afraid to go there-both emotionally and plot wise. A really stunning series.

Sample pics: There are some HERE

Mangaupdates Link: HERE

I found links for Chinese raws on Nihonomaru, but I do have Japanese for volumes 1 and 2: I would have to get back to you on where I got those, though...I can't seem to figure it out. I'm not sure if the Chinese ones are credited to any scanner either, sadly, unless they are just the raws being used by TerribleTrio.

This one was started by TerribleTrio nearly two years ago, and the group as a whole have been inactive for over six months. From what I can tell, the group is not abandoned, but if the project interests you maybe it could be a joint so more people would have the chance to work on it? They did an amazing job on Songs of Self Abuse, and doing that one was borderline masochistic! So impressed...

Once school starts, I am going to see if I can volunteer, if that helps. I just need to make sure I can follow through with the commitment! I only speak/read Japanese at a beginner level, but I am good with photoshop and text.

...I'm trying really hard to not just recommend EVERYTHING by Nakamura Asumiko, but it's so difficult! wacko

Oh, and just as a name-drop: if you haven't checked out Nishioka Kyoudai, I really recommend it for alternative, surreal art styles. It's not for everyone, but extremely unique, and there are some un-scanned books if it does catch your eye wink
(A couple sample images HERE)

hotcakesDate: Sunday, 2011-09-04, 10:07 PM | Message # 10
Seductive Perversion
J no Subete, All About J

If the group has no releases by the time we're finished with Copernicus provided I would be able to confirm their inactiveness and get good raws, then we'll have something to talk about. :3
I could really use the help with editing... Thanks for the offer!

As for Nishioka Kyoudai, you have no idea how much I want to work on the pair's titles.
I even wrote pleas in our news posts and made forum post pretty much dedicated to the subject.
If I ever get the raws for their stuff - I'll do it.

Better known as NightSwan.
To contact me: NightSwan :3
MSN: angelgabriel0@hotmail.com
Gmail: luna.solaris99@gmail.com

Firefly084Date: Wednesday, 2011-10-12, 8:14 PM | Message # 11
Pet
I had a feeling--I've seen the raws of "Songs of Self Abuse" and I am SO impressed with their work on it! I will hop on that as soon as I finish my senior thesis proposal stuff. Everyone needs a side project (or two or three), right?

Quote (hotcakes)
As for Nishioka Kyoudai, you have no idea how much I want to work on the pair's titles.

Just so you know, I LOVE your taste in manga. This was like the cherry on top of that long-held opinion. I've been browsing through some Chinese scanlation sites trying to find raws for their work, but no success yet. I haven't looked back in a while, so I will probably do another internet sweep soon. I'm not sure how much the Chinese can help, but you never know!

Forum » Projects » Suggestions For Projects » Yaoi Suggestion Thread. (Yummy yaoi here. Nya :3)
Page 1 of 11
Search: