Shoujo Suggestion Thread. - Forum
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » Projects » Suggestions For Projects » Shoujo Suggestion Thread. (Have a nice shoujo you want to be scanlated? Post here.)
Shoujo Suggestion Thread.
hotcakesDate: Friday, 2009-03-27, 2:10 PM | Message # 1
Seductive Perversion
Group: Administrators
Read the rules of this section before posting!

Here you can suggest shoujo titles.
Please do not post any overly cliched, big eyed shoujo. Those suggestions are unlikely to be picked up.
But you are welcome to try <_<

Please don't discuss anything here. Only suggest.

How to suggest a title:

-Title of the manga:
-Author's name:
-Alternative titles:
-Genre:
-Number of volumes:
-Description:
-Sample pics: (if you have any)

If MangaUpdates has it in the database, I'd prefer a link there as well.

If you are interested to help scanlating this title in any way, please note so.
Thanks.

Better known as NightSwan.
To contact me: NightSwan :3
MSN: angelgabriel0@hotmail.com
Gmail: luna.solaris99@gmail.com

Lord_lucifielDate: Wednesday, 2009-04-29, 4:43 PM | Message # 2
Jack of all trades
Group: Users
Heh.... the only shoujo I'd suggest are those good, old-school ones from 70s or even 80s. I find the newer titles to be pretty cliched, with the exception of a few titles like Lovely Complex, Arisa, etc.

But the older titles are so hard to get and it's difficult to find something good if you can't read a copy of it first. So, nothing for now. :P

goflDate: Saturday, 2009-07-04, 7:38 AM | Message # 3
Pet
I wonder if you could scanlate perfect World (Nakamura Asumiko), because it seems to be a very beautiful story. And most of all, I just love Nakamura-sensei so i want to read her works biggrin If you'd need, I'll try to edit it as well (just give me the scan and the trans :P)

Here is the link @ MangaUpdates: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=35879

Message edited by gofl - Saturday, 2009-07-04, 7:40 AM

hotcakesDate: Saturday, 2009-07-04, 11:02 AM | Message # 4
Seductive Perversion
Well, it has scanlations (although poor) somewhere on the net.
And it's licensed.

KaoruSaionjiDate: Friday, 2009-08-28, 9:28 PM | Message # 5
Pet
Wata no Kunihoshi (The Star of Cottonland)
by OOSHIMA Yumiko.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=4537

Swan: In our future project list now.

Message edited by hotcakes - Tuesday, 2010-10-19, 0:29 AM

rinchiDate: Friday, 2010-03-05, 5:14 PM | Message # 6
Pet
-Title of the manga: Tenma no Ketsuzoku
-Alternative titles: Crystal Lord Opera
-Genre: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance
-Number of volumes: 24
-Description: Altojin lives in the time of Ghengis Khan... She's a strong-willed warrior raised on the grassland plains of the country of Chigul. While out hunting with the Imperial Prince Olsbolt, Altojin saves his life from a would-be assassin. Suspecting that the assassin was sent by his father, Olsbolt then kills his father (the king/reigning sovereign of Chigul, Biruge Han) and at the same time took back his past lover which is the kings current wife.

That night, Olsbolt goes to Altojin's home to hide, but while they were away for a moment, Altojin's entire family is slaughtered! What will become of the young warrior Altojin and the bold prince Olsbolt? Another, what mystery lies in Altojin tatoo, is it connected to her families assassination!?

Shoujo Magic scanlated it already up to volume 4 chapter 12!

-Sample pics: (if you have any)

altilyeDate: Monday, 2010-05-24, 12:36 PM | Message # 7
Pet
Group: Group Member
Title of the manga: We are
Cutesy coming of age series, with shounen ai hints (?)
By WATANABE Taeko
BU:http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=26143

Hasn't been scanlated. Raws are online here, but download link is down. Asked for them to be re-uploaded.

Message edited by altilye - Monday, 2010-05-24, 12:42 PM

MiertenDate: Monday, 2010-10-18, 11:59 PM | Message # 8
Pet
-Title of the manga: Boyfriend (SOURYO Fuyumi)
-Alternative titles:
-Genre: Shoujo
-Number of volumes: 10
-Description: Takatou Masaki is the second youngest of four sons, and seemingly a delinquent by nature. His hot temper has put a wedge between himself and his strict father, gotten him kicked out of one school, and tossed him at a school notoriously horrible for the one thing he's truly good at, basketball. A chance encounter with the willful Yuuki Kanako may serve as a catalyst for change, as the indefinable connection she feels with him draws them together...
-Sample pics: Contact Storm in Heaven
Mangaka: Souryo Fuyumi
Link: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=6584
Reasons:
Same author as Mars and Eternal Sabbath
Old enough that it isn't going to get licensed.
Storm in Heaven did the first volume. They have since decided not to continue with the project.

hotcakesDate: Tuesday, 2010-10-19, 0:27 AM | Message # 9
Seductive Perversion
@Mierten
Actually, I've had Boyfriend in mind for a while.
I'm a big fan of Souryo Fuyumi myself, and would love to work on it.
We're currently understaffed for such a project. Maybe if we had another translator, and better raws than the ones online.
I'm open for joints, too.

It's definitely a possibility, but without help, it'd take a while.

KatzDate: Sunday, 2011-01-02, 10:07 AM | Message # 10
Pet
Would like to suggest the following series... all of the information, except the title, are from mangaupdates.

Title of the manga: Sanagi to Ousama
Author's name: Natsumi Rin
Alternative titles: さなぎと王様, A Pupa and King, The Chrysalis and the King
Genre: Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo
Number of volumes: 2 (Complete)
Description:
Sekina's a rebellious teenager who can't seem to plan ahead more than one day at a time. At school, she's seen as a problematic student in the eyes of her teachers. At home, things aren't going well with her mother who's a single mom. The only place she feels at peace is at Ageo's rock cafe. There, she meets Yanagi. Yanagi understands the pain she carries deep within her, and she finds herself slowly falling for him. One day, Sekina finds herself face to face with Yanagi again... but this time, he's the substitute teacher for her class...?!
Sample pics: (if you have any)
Mangaupdates Link: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=10358

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title of the manga: Seikimatsu no Angel
Author's name: Kurahashi Eriko
Alternative titles: 世紀末のエンジェル, 世纪末天使, End of the Century Angel, Seikimatsu no Enjeru
Genre: Drama, Romance, Shoujo, Supernatural
Number of volumes: 4 (complete)
Description:
Suzuka got a tarot card reading from her friend Miyabi that she will meet her love. Could that be Konno, the guy in class D who confessed to her a year ago when they were in the same homeroom class? But before Suzuka could realize her feelings, Konno...?!
Sample pics: (if you have any)
Mangaupdates Link: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1061

Message edited by Katz - Sunday, 2011-01-02, 10:08 AM

gottyDate: Wednesday, 2011-01-05, 5:27 PM | Message # 11
Pet
I am very into the old-schools back from the 70's and 80's, hence below my recommendations ^^;

Besides Boyfriend by SOURYO Fuyumi, which I was about to propose here also... only to find out (in delight) that it has already been mentioned. : )

===
-Title of the manga: Highteen Boogie
-Alternative titles: ハイティーンブギ
-Genre: Shoujo
-Number of volumes: 26
-Description:
From the Animeraider: Momoko is one of the brightest students at school, but the school is a bit overrun by delinquents from a motorcycle gang. In fact, the person who has the next desk has never come to class. Then one day she gets the upper hand on one of these bikers and they actually strike up a bit of a friendship, with the potential for more. Of course, it turns out that he’s the leader of the bike gang, and the student in the next seat who has been missing this entire year…

If the above has not managed to lured you yet... well, here's more:

Sho, the leader of Bōsōzoku, Skeleton, fell in love with Momoko after their first encounter. Momoko was an orphan who lived with her aunt and the two cousins.

Despite Sho's all efforts in winning her affections, Momoko kept on ignoring him, disliking anything associated with Bōsōzoku. Until one day, Momoko agreed to go out with Sho but on few conditions, incl. leaving Skeleton.

Skeleton members were not pleased with their leader being "stolen away" by some ordinary school girl. Miki, who also fancied Sho, ordered a gang rape on Momoko. It was already too late by the time Sho had heard of the plan. In a warehouse, he found Momoko lying unconscious and naked in front of the Skeleton gang. Momoko regained conscious, believing it was Sho who raped her...

Sho did not want to hurt Momoko and decided to hide the truth from her.

Couple other twists happened in between (e.g. Momoko's cousin tried to rape her, she was driven away from home by her aunt and cousins, and etc)... but basically, both Sho and Momoko left school and started living together.

Sho was actually from a rich family. His dad eventually cut off Sho's financial-tie; Sho and Momoko ended up living in a very tiny apartment, working hard and in long hours.. being financially poor but were happy and lovely and sweet together.

.. Until one day, Momoko found out she was pregnant..
Sho was in rage and despair after learning of her pregnancy. Begging her for an abortion, she refused... He then hit her on the face, shouted at her "GET RID OF IT!" and ran away.... Sho knew it was the child of Shige, once a good-friend from Skeleton whom had raped her that unforgettable night. He could never tell Momoko the truth.. and yet, he had already hurt her deeply by what he just did...

I am going to stop typing here, or I will end up writing a long review of the manga instead ^^

I just want to say, this is a great 80's shoujo manga but without the usual cliche shoujo storyline, if you know what I mean smile
It has also been rated as one of the best shoujo (under the seishun category), chosen by the editors in Japan. (*based on 編集会議, April 2003)
It was so popular that it was even adapted into a movie in 1982 - Sho was casted by Machi (Masahiko Kondo, the then-heart-thorb-in-Asia!)

More details on the story (in Japanese): http://wikiwiki.jp/comic-s....6%A5%AE
Cast for High Teen Boogie (1982 film): http://cinema.theiapolis.com/movie-18J5/high-teen-boogie/cast.html

Sample pics: See Managaupates link below
Mangaka: Artist: Makino Kazuko. Writer: Gotou Yukio. (NB. Makino is married to Gotou Yukio who was also the writer of many of her work)
Link: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=20652

Reasons:
1. It's too good to be missed.
2. someone has asked for it even: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100624211107AAYdUie
So, yeah, there's a demand for it ^^
3. Raws available.

Message edited by gotty - Wednesday, 2011-01-05, 5:42 PM

gottyDate: Wednesday, 2011-01-05, 5:27 PM | Message # 12
Pet
====
A far shorter series (hence a mile shorter description):

-Title of the manga: Anzu & Kage: Koibito Jidai
-Alternative titles: 杏&影恋人時代 (Koibito Jidai)
-Genre: Romance, Shoujo
-Number of volumes: 1
-Description:
This was part of the Anzu & Kage series 杏&影シリーズ (see: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%89%8D%E5%8E%9F%E6%BB%8B%E5%AD%90 )
Basically, the love and romance between the pair - from being the childhood friends, turned into the high school sweethearts, then marriage, and life after....
Again, it was rated as one of the best shoujo (under the romance category), featured in 編集会議, April 2003

Mangaka: MAEHARA Shigeko
Link: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=34149

====
Also worth considering may be?

-Title of the manga: Mari to Shingo
-Alternative titles: 摩利と新吾
-Genre: Historical, Shoujo, Shounen Ai
-Number of volumes: 8 (bunkobun)
-Description:
It's about two childhood friends, Takatou Mari and Innami Shingo, and their days in all-boys school in early Shouwa era. They gradually fall in love with each other...

Again, it was rated as one of the best shoujo (under the seishun/school category), featured in 編集会議, April 2003

Mangaka: KIHARA Toshie
Link: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=30837

====
-Title of the manga: Ashita Kara Hero
-Alternative titles: あしたからのHERO
-Genre: Romance, Shoujo
-Number of volumes: 1
-Description:
Boy met an older girl who saved him after a school-boy fight. She was older than him, but he fell for her whom was actually in love with another guy since childhood. The other guy happened to be the leader (?) of an opponent school-gang......
NB. An unexpected end for a what appeared to be a typicl 80's shoujo : )
Again, it was rated as one of the best shoujo (under the romance category), featured in 編集会議, April 2003

Mangaka: ASAGIRI Yuu
Link: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=9210

Forum » Projects » Suggestions For Projects » Shoujo Suggestion Thread. (Have a nice shoujo you want to be scanlated? Post here.)
Page 1 of 11
Search: